1. 10 Downing Street cat Larry has spats with Palmerston, the Foreign Office cat.
2. Cats sleep 70% of their lives.
3. Cats have over 20 muscles that control their ears.
4. A cat can help reduce the risk of their owner’s having stroke and heart attack by a third .
5. Cats can’t taste sweet things.
6. The world’s current largest cat is 1.2 metres .
7. Cats and humans have been associated together for nearly 10,000 years.
8. Dusty – born in 1935 in Texas – produced 420 kittens during her breeding life.
9. In 1970, the largest litter for a domestic cat was 19 born to Burmese/Siamese cross in Kingham UK